“Goluboj Dunaj” (Blue Danube) — popular drinking den of the 50s. It stood at the corner of Sovetskaya and Mitskevicha Streets on the site cleared from the corner house destroyed in 1944. At that time, bomb splinters damaged a near-by church fence. Their traces are still visible. The drinking den was colored blue which explains its nick-name given to it by the student of the Department of languages and literature Leonid Makarenko, an admirer of J. Strauss.