Brest, October 1944. A military mobile film projector device is demonstrating the American film “The Big Waltz” in the building of the former synagogue. In 1945–1946, there were three cinema houses in Brest: the “1-go Maya” cinema (the former “Adria” on Sovetskaya Street), the “Smena” cinema (the former Evangelical Church on Karl Marx Street), and the “Named after Gorky” cinema (the former cinema of Sarvera on Sverdlova Street). The hall of the synagogue was spacious. There was a stage and curtains, and both local and touring performances were shown there. Various solemn assemblies, meetings of the pioneer druzhinas and Komsomol members of the city, performances of professional and amateur actors were also held in the building. Later on the cinema “Belarus” was opened in the former synagogue building.